SAVE THE DATE: February 17-20, 2018
Blue Bonnet Studio Time: Needle Arts Retreat set for February 17-20, 2018
Blue Bonnet Studio Time’s mission is to offer patronage and support to all Needle Artists by providing both students and teachers an enlightening sanctuary in which to continue their journey exploring their passion of Needle Arts together, plus nurturing fellowship amongst all needle artists over this inspirational 4-day long retreat weekend! The retreat will be held at the Horseshoe Bay Resort, 200 Hi Circle North, Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657, located in the Texas Hill Country conveniently located approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes northwest of Austin. Situated on constant Lake LBJ, Horseshoe Bay Resort is easily accessible by car from the Austin, Dallas, San Antonio, Houston and Midland areas.
The Luxurious Texas Wilderness Escape offers golf, fishing, horseback riding, kayaking, swimming and is close to all sorts of activities in Austin. The Resort has several dining facilities for you to choose from or you can even go off site to enjoy your meals in various local establishments, which the concierge would be delighted to assist you in organizing. What more could you ask for! The Resort is offering us a special off-season rate at $179/night. We have blocked out a limited amount of rooms at this special rate. It is crucial to reserve your hotel room early. The rate could increase if we need to add another block of rooms.
Call Horseshoe Bay Resort directly to reserve a room today at (877) 611-0112. Be sure to mention Blue Bonnet Studio Time to get the special rate.
The Blue Bonnet Studio Time registration fee is $625 and includes a Sunday evening banquet ticket and entertainment (NOTE: Extra banquet tickets can be purchased for non-registered retreat attendees for $125). The sixteen illustrious faculty members selected for our eighth retreat are renowned talented individuals coming from across the USA, SPAIN and UK specializing in a wide variety of needle arts. A Saturday evening "meet and greet" the teachers is scheduled with the opportunity for all attendees to purchase items directly from the teachers. Classes for 2018 include an abundance of 2/4-day kits, a wide variety of needle and fabric styles, and two Studio Time teachers (one Japanese Embroidery and the other for everything else).
NOTE: For the convenience of the attendee, basic stitching supplies needed for all projects are for sale daily at the BBST STORE located near the classes. A web page for accepting registration is coming soon. This is our eighth year after very successful events from 2011 through 2017, so spread the word! (As of 12-15-2017 some of the class listed below are no longer available. Any such class is clearly labeled in its complete description.)
FACULTY & CURRICULUM for Blue Bonnet Studio Time 2018
- JANE ELLEN BALZUWEIT - 201: Fe, the Box Turtle & 301: A Petite Purse (Two 2-day)
- JANET CASEY - 202: The Love Shack & 302: Coy Koi (Two 2-day)
- CELESTE CHALASANI - 203: Hops, Barley & Rye & 303: Summer Serenade (Two 2-day)
- TONI GERDES - 204: Mackintosh Rose & 304: Under a Copper Moon (Two 2-day)
- MARGARET KINSEY - 205: Dragonfly & Cattails & 305: Hearts & Circles (Two 2-day)
- DEBORAH MITEK - 206: Spring Bouquet & 306: The Queen's Garden (Two 2-day)
- LYNN PAYETTE - 207: Spring in the Woodland & 307: Cricket (Two 2-day)
- BARBARA ELLIS - 208: Boot Scootin Necklace & 308: Diva Pendant Necklace (Two 2-day)
- CRISTINA BADILLO - 401: Goldwork Initial or Baroque Goldwork Rose (One 4-day)
- NANCY CUCCI - 402: For the Love of Chocolate (One 4-day)
- CINDY HAMBRICK - 403: Carousel or Janet's Spooky Ride (One 4-day)
- MIDORI MATSUSHIMA - 404: Japanese Embroidery Studio Time - Midori's kits only (One 4-day)
- JEANETTE REES - 405: Desert Blooms (Various) (One 4-day)
- DEBBIE ROWLEY - 406: Angles (One 4-day)
- JO IPPOLITO CHRISTENSEN - 407: Beatrice Bunny (One 4-day)
- PATRICIA SONE - 501 & 502: Studio Time (Two 2-day)