SAVE THE DATE: February 16-19, 2019
Blue Bonnet Studio Time: Needle Arts Retreat set for February 16-19, 2019
Blue Bonnet Studio Time’s mission is to offer patronage and support to all Needle Artists by providing both students and teachers an enlightening sanctuary in which to continue their journey exploring their passion of Needle Arts together, plus nurturing fellowship amongst all needle artists over this inspirational 4-day long retreat weekend! The retreat will be held at the Horseshoe Bay Resort, 200 Hi Circle North, Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657, located in the Texas Hill Country conveniently located approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes northwest of Austin. Situated on constant Lake LBJ, Horseshoe Bay Resort is easily accessible by car from the Austin, Dallas, San Antonio, Houston and Midland areas.
The Luxurious Texas Wilderness Escape offers golf, fishing, horseback riding, kayaking, swimming and is close to all sorts of activities in Austin. The Resort has several dining facilities for you to choose from or you can even go off site to enjoy your meals in various local establishments, which the concierge would be delighted to assist you in organizing. What more could you ask for! The Resort is offering us a special off-season rate at $185/night. We have blocked out a limited amount of rooms at this special rate. It is crucial to reserve your hotel room early. The rate could increase if we need to add another block of rooms.
Call Horseshoe Bay Resort directly to reserve a room today at (877) 611-0112. Be sure to mention Needle Arts Workshop (Blue Bonnet Studio Time) to get the special rate.
The Blue Bonnet Studio Time registration fee is $625 and includes a Sunday evening banquet ticket and entertainment (NOTE: Extra banquet tickets can be purchased for non-registered retreat attendees for $125). The sixteen illustrious faculty members selected for our eighth retreat are renowned talented individuals coming from across the USA, SPAIN and UK specializing in a wide variety of needle arts. A Saturday evening "meet and greet" the teachers is scheduled with the opportunity for all attendees to purchase items directly from the teachers. Classes for 2019 include an abundance of 2/4-day kits, a wide variety of needle and fabric styles, and two Studio Time teachers (Midori Matsushima for Japanese Embroidery and Meredith Willett for everything else).
NOTE: For the convenience of the attendee, basic stitching supplies needed for all projects are for sale daily at the BBST STORE located near the classes. A web page for accepting registration is coming soon. This is our ninth year after very successful events from 2011 through 2018, so spread the word!
FACULTY & CURRICULUM for Blue Bonnet Studio Time 2019
- TONI GERDES (Two 2-day) - 201: American Plains 301: New Glory
- JO IPPOLITO CHRISTENSEN (Two 2-day) - 202: Bunnies on Lavender Lane 302: Techniques Class
- LOIS KERSHNER (Two 2-day) - 203: Avenue of the Giants 303: Cabaret
- JENNIFER RIEFENBERG (Two 2-day) - 204: Tulips - Spring Series 304: Pumpkin Patch
- KIMBERLY SMITH (Two 2-day) - 205: Yes, I'm special 305: Tree of Life
- CINDY HAMBRICK (Two 2-day) - 206: Ribbon Overload 306: Toad-ly Sarah
- SANDRA ARTHUR (One 4-day) - 401: Captain Blackbeak's Wench
- JANET CASEY (One 4-day) - 402: Spirit of America
- PATRICIA GOALEY (One 4-day) - 403: Rabbit at Rest - 17th Century Embroidery Panel
- MIDORI MATSUSHIMA (One 4-day) - 404: Japanese Embroidery Studio Time - Midori's kits only
- ALISON COLE (One 4-day) - 405: State of Splendour
- MEREDITH WILLETT (Two 2-day) - 501 & 502: Studio Time