SAVE THE DATE: February 17-20, 2019
Blue Bonnet Studio Time: Needle Arts Retreat set for February 17-20, 2019
Blue Bonnet Studio Time’s mission is to offer patronage and support to all Needle Artists by providing both students and teachers an enlightening sanctuary in which to continue their journey exploring their passion of Needle Arts together, plus nurturing fellowship amongst all needle artists over this inspirational 4-day long retreat weekend! The retreat will be held at the Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, 16090 City Walk, Sugar Land, TX 77479, located in the beautify Sugar Land Texas conveniently located 30-60 minutes from the two major airports in Houston (IAH and Hobby). Situated within the Sugar Land Town Square which is a beautiful outdoor shopping and restaurant mall. There is plenty of free parking or valet parking for those who wish to spend more time stitching.
The Marriot has dining facilities and is within easy walking distance of many local establishments, which the concierge would be delighted to assist you in organizing. The Town Square also has extensive shopping. What more could you ask for! The Marriott is offering us a special off-season rate at $169/night plus taxes. We have blocked out a limited amount of rooms at this special rate. It is crucial to reserve your hotel room early. The rate could increase if we need to add another block of rooms.
Call Sugar Land Marriott directly to reserve a room today at (800) 228 9290. Be sure to say you are booking a reservation in the Sugar Land Marriott as part of the Blue Bonnet Studio Time group to get the special rate.
The Blue Bonnet Studio Time registration fee is $625 and includes a Monday evening banquet ticket and entertainment (NOTE: Extra banquet tickets can be purchased for non-registered retreat attendees for $125). The twelve illustrious faculty members selected for our eighth retreat are renowned talented individuals coming from across the USA, Australia and UK specializing in a wide variety of needle arts. A Sunday evening "meet and greet" the teachers is scheduled with the opportunity for all attendees to purchase items directly from the teachers. Classes for 2019 include an abundance of 2 and 4-day kits, a wide variety of needle and fabric styles, and two Studio Time teachers (Midori Matsushima for Japanese Embroidery and Meredith Willett for everything else).
NOTE: For the convenience of the attendee, basic stitching supplies needed for all projects are for sale daily at the BBST STORE located near the classes. A web page for accepting registration is coming soon. This is our ninth year after very successful events from 2011 through 2018, so spread the word!
FACULTY & CURRICULUM for Blue Bonnet Studio Time 2019
- TONI GERDES (Two 2-day) - 201: American Plains 301: New Glory
- JO IPPOLITO CHRISTENSEN (Two 2-day) - 202: Bunnies on Lavender Lane 302: Techniques Class
- LOIS KERSHNER (Two 2-day) - 203: Avenue of the Giants 303: Cabaret
- JENNIFER RIEFENBERG (Two 2-day) - 204: Tulips - Spring Series 304: Pumpkin Patch
- KIMBERLY SMITH (Two 2-day) - 205: Yes, I'm special 305: Tree of Life
- CINDY HAMBRICK (Two 2-day) - 206: Ribbon Overload 306: Toad-ly Sarah
- SANDRA ARTHUR (One 4-day) - 401: Captain Blackbeak's Wench
- JANET CASEY (One 4-day) - 402: Spirit of America
- PATRICIA GOALEY (One 4-day) - 403: Rabbit at Rest - 17th Century Embroidery Panel
- MIDORI MATSUSHIMA (One 4-day) - 404: Japanese Embroidery Studio Time - Midori's kits only
- ALISON COLE (One 4-day) - 405: State of Splendour
- MEREDITH WILLETT (Two 2-day) - 501 & 502: Studio Time